Q: Car not starting after being parked on flooded street

asked by on August 30, 2017

During flooding in Houston my car was parked on a street that flooded. Water level only reached to bottom of the door of my Subaru Legacy. I was able to move my car after the water went down with no problems to higher ground before the rain started again. Now the next day, my car will not start but the radio and lights turn on.

The water may have been high enough to get the starter and wiring wet. I would suggest trying to jump start the vehicle after it has been allowed to dry out for a day or two to see if the starter got shorted out or may just need to dry out a little. If problem is still there then you will need to have the vehicle checked to see if starter or other electrical issues are happening.