Q: Car shaking and dying

My car starts, but it shakes when I crank it. As soon as I step on the gas pedal to go, it dies. The battery is draining quickly as well.

A: The battery will drain quickly when continu...

The battery will drain quickly when continually trying to start the engine, if the engine doesn't run long enough for the alternator to keep the charge of the battery. The stalling may come from an issue with air metering, or fuel delivery, which could be caused by a large vacuum leak, or a clogged fuel filter. Have an experienced technician take a closer look at the vehicle to determine the source and cause of your stalling issue. Consider YourMechanic, as our team members come to you.