Q: My rear brake sounds like it's creaking what should I do?

I have replaced the pads about a year ago and the rotor ,but I can still hear a creaking noise.

A: Hello. Creaking is usually due to the brake...

Hello. Creaking is usually due to the brake pad hardware kit being worn. The hardware kit keeps pressure on the brake pads during braking and dampens vibrations. I always recommend replacing the hardware kit when replacing the brake pads since you’re already there. If you need further assistance, I recommend you have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect the brake issue your vehicle is having to make sure you are safe on the road and suggest an appropriate repair.