Q: I do not know how many motor mounts there are?

i was wandering how many motor mounts there are for a 1990 Ford Taurus 3.0 6cylinder engine?

This engine is mounted on two liquid filled motor mounts. The engine mounts are located near the front sides of the motor and has one on each side. The mounts are different for the left and right. The transmission mount supports the rear of the motor. If you notice the engine is noisey on acceleration or you feel a hesitation in drive or reverse then the motor mounts may be broken. The fluids inside the mounts when they break is a black oil type liquid. If you suspect the mounts are bad but need help diagnosing them then have a mechanic from YourMechanic come to you and check the problem you are having that you are questioning the motor mounts.