Q: I have a illuminated Service AdvanceTrac Light and my back passenger rotor is destroyed within minutes of me driving after installation

1 month after i installed a 3 inch lift my service advancetrac light came on including abs light since then my passenger rear rotor has been getting destroyed within minutes of me installing a new one also making a loud grinding noise

Hi and thanks for contacting YourMechanic. The AdvanceTrac will need to be adjusted for the height difference. As for the rotor being destroyed after putting on the lift, check the caliper to see if the line to it is long enough. If the line to the caliper is short, it can pinch off when driving causing the caliper piston to not apply or not release. This will cause the rotors to prematurely fail. Also check how the rotor is mounted and if is the right size for the vehicle.

If you need further assistance with the your brake system, then seek out a technician, such as one from YourMechanic, that can assist you with your vehicle at your home or office.

3. I have a illuminated Service AdvanceTrac Light and my back passenger rotor is destroyed within minutes of me driving after installation