Q: Rough idle and there is a raw fuel smell coming from the exhaust.

A couple months ago, I saw a slight leak at the top of fuel injector #1, so I pulled the injector and replaced the o-rings. That stopped the leak but approximately 10 miles into my drive, the car started idling rough and there was a raw fuel smell coming from the exhaust. In wide open throttle, there isn't an cylinder misfire, but during minimal acceleration and while stopped, there is definitely a cylinder misfire. I've tried scanning the computer, but I keep getting an error message from my scanner. Do you think the fuel injector I replaced the o-rings on, could be blocked / clogged? How could I go about diagnosing that. Oh yeah, I also replaced all of the spark plugs and wires just in case, but that didn't help.

If the spark plugs were replaced and there is too much fuel in the exhaust system, then the injectors are leaking and not spraying (atomizing) the fuel properly. A leaking fuel o-ring will make the fuel puddle up outside of the injector and give a fuel smell under the hood. I recommend flushing the fuel system with a fuel injection cleaner. If you need further assistance with your engine idle being rough, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. Rough idle and there is a raw fuel smell coming from the exhaust.