Q: Transmission won't shift out of second gear

Hi. I have several issues with my car. The transmission is blocked. It won't shift out of second gear. The dashboard has the check engine light on as well. Also, my speedometer doesn't work anymore. What should I do? I appreciate your help.

All three problems may be related. You will have to get the computer scanned to see if you have a bad speed sensor. The speed sensor will sense the speed in which you are going; the computer will use this to change the gears of the transmission and the speedometer will use it to display the speed.

A mechanic can scan and diagnose the check engine light to see if this is your problem.

3. Transmission won't shift out of second gear