Q: Speedometer stuck at 120 mph and 4WD not functioning

asked by on September 20, 2016

We have been having trouble with our truck. The speedometer is stuck at 120 mph. Also, the 4WD is not functioning and the lights will not come on the control panel for the 4WD. We checked all the fuses and then we disconnected the battery. But that didn’t help the problem at all. It still exists. Is there any way to fix this problem without having to replace the whole speedometer? Thank you.

Speedometer is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there. It may help to find the fuse for the instrument cluster, remove it for 10 minutes or so, then re-insert the fuse. Chevrolet appears to have had a "customer goodwill" repair available for this if your vehicle had less than 70,000 miles, but that was some time back as of this writing (7/16). Probably have to remove the instrument cluster and send it to an instrument specialist for repair. If you would like an independent mechanic to check this, a certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the speedometer.