Q: I think my cars transmission is going out

asked by on October 04, 2016

So I'm not sure what problem my car has and I've already put a lot of money into it so I don't want to do another repair, rather just get another car. So when I'm driving and normally speeding up my car starts to shake and almost grind, only way I can really describe it. To make it stop I either take my foot off or push the gas more. This also happens when my foot is just on the gas, not speeding up but keeping an even speed. When I first got the car it would do this but worse and even slow the car down. Got it fixed now it's not so bad. Also takes a while to get up to speed and rpms always go really high. Also lurches into gears. Asking so I know whether to scrap it or if I have a chance selling it. Thank you.

Hello. Grinding noises at high speeds could be related to wheel bearing or transmission issues. This type of problem may be difficult to diagnose without test driving the vehicle to determine whether or not it is worth fixing. A certified professional from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the noise and advise you on the appropriate repairs.