Q: When I turn off the car, power steering fluid over-flows from under the reservoir cap. 1999 Infiniti Q45

Every time i turn off my car, the power steering fluid over-flows from under the reservoir cap. Cap is in good condition, i have replaced both the rack and pinion (complete unit) and the power steering pump. The hoses all seem clear of any clogging or restriction. I do know that the idler pully bearing (possibly a different pulley bearing) is worn and needs replaced, could that have anything to do with it? I also noticed that the my car back -flows more fluid than most. It s a 1999 Infiniti Q45 base model. I have put a lot of money into it already knowing it isn t worth it but i m 18 and i work front desk at a hotel for minimum wage so it s a little hard to save for a new car. I would take one off the lot but i am taking off to boot camp for the marines in a few months. A few months is not a long time to save or pay off a car but it sure is a long time to be walking 6 miles to work 4 days a week.

Hello - it sound like your power steering system has been over-filled with fluid, perhaps the wrong fluid was used (non-synthetic) and is foaming, or the fluid filter (in the reservoir) is clogged. I recommend a PS fluid service performed by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will come to your location, flush and refill the system, and get you back into your ride.

3. When I turn off the car, power steering fluid over-flows from under the reservoir cap. 1999 Infiniti Q45