Q: Car squirting oil and smoking

asked by on November 03, 2016

oil squiting from nuts and bolts in from on the block when I open up the hood and smoke coming out front and back.

Hello. This is a sign of an oil leak. If the oil is squirting from the motor only when the car is running, this helps to narrow down where since that means it is coming from a place that is pressurized rather than a slow leak coming from the bottom due to gravity. The smoke is likely a result of the hot oil being burned off of the motor as it leaks. If you would like to have this problem diagnosed firsthand a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the oil leak and follow through with needed repairs.