Q: How do you know if its really a timing chain gasket? And how long does it take to repair?

Machanic said that the car is leaking antifreeze from timing chain,a new radiator was installed and now I'm told it had 2 leaks one from the radiator and now from the timing chain gasket.

It is more likely that the water pump is leaking from its front seal. The leak will show up from the center of the motor area and will drip off the bottom of the timing cover. The timing cover on the Mountaineer 5.0 engine does not seal off coolant in any way.

During a coolant leak inspection, the water pump should be removed; the small weep hole for the front seal is the likeliest source of the leak.

Make sure to replace the thermostat when you replace the water pump and radiator.

• How do you know if its really a timing chain gasket? And how long does it take to repair?