Q: Loud ticking from Nissan Titan passenger side of engine

Hello, I have a loud ticking noise that increases with engine speed coming from the passenger side of my 2007 Nissan Titan with 185,500 miles on it. The engine runs good; no leaks or smoke. Good acceleration, smooth idle. In the "Nissan 2007 Service and Maintenance Guide" it lists "Engine Valve Clearance" as one of the scheduled maintenance items, but doesn't list a schedule for it. It says "Inspect only if valve noise increases. Adjust valve clearance if necessary." Do you think this service might be needed? Or could it be a worn fuel injector? (FYI, the exhaust manifold was replaced on the passenger side within the last month and had no effect on the sound)

Even though it is not listed at a particular mileage, the fact that it is listed as a service indicates that it is a good idea to do that from time to time. With the mileage of your vehicle I would strongly recommend to do this even if it does not resolve the issue Just to know that it has been done.

3. Loud ticking from Nissan Titan passenger side of engine