Q: 1994 Chevrolet Silverado extended cabV-8 oil pan gasket replacement?

How much does an oil pan gasket cost, and how do i replace it if its leaking?

Hi there. You would have to drain the engine oil out of the oil pan, put the plug back in the oil pan, and remove the oil pan bolts to take the pan off. Once the pan is off, you will have to clean off the old oil pan gasket material from the pan and the engine block. Then install the new pan gasket (recommend to use gasket adhesive sealant to hold the gasket in place) onto the oil pan and put the pan on the engine. Put in all the bolts and torque the bolts to 8 inch pounds from center to out. Then re-torque the bolts to 89 inch pounds from the center to out. Then change the oil filter and put in new oil. If you need further assistance with changing the oil pan gasket, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• Billing question sent to CS for the cost of the oil pan gasket for a 1994 Chevrolet C1500 with a V8-5.0L engine.

• 1994 Chevrolet Silverado extended cabV-8 oil pan gasket replacement?