Q: Car shutoff completely at 100 mph

The car had a complete shut off on one occasion while I drove at higher speeds around 100 mph. All of the sudden, there was a thunking noise and everything shut down. The engine became totally unresponsive and nothing in the car worked. I managed to start the car again after it's been sitting for like 10 minutes or so. However, very soon, the same problem occurred and there was no power in the car. At the dealership, they removed the dash warnings that came on, including air bag light and engine orange warning light. They claimed the car is fine but that the remote start can cause this kind of issue and engine shutoff. I removed it. Is this the cause of the problem or is it something more serious? Should I be concerned about the safety while driving this car?

Hello there. A few items may be causing the high speed shut off. The most common would be a fuel pump, fuel filter, low fuel pressure, or the rev limiter. This kind of issue can cause the vehicle to become unsafe if it dies while driving. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the stalling problem and let you know if there are any other safety concerns that should be addressed.

3. Car shutoff completely at 100 mph