Q: Transmission acting up causing car to shake and loose acceleration.

asked by on December 28, 2015

My car lost acceleration while getting on the freeway. When I got off the freeway, the car shook and lost all acceleration and the skid lights came on and stayed on. When I restarted the car, the skid light went out and I was able to drive the vehicle home.

Hello, with a fault like that there is a good chance that a code has been set in the traction system, transmission, and engine control. A scanner will need to be connected to check the system. The most likely cause is that the traction control is being triggered causing the lack of power and by cycling the key you reset the system. The Traction system is made up of multiple sensors that can cause the traction system to engage. There have been multiple complaints of this issue with no resolve and could be a computer issue. You will most likely need the aid of mechanic to scan the vehicle for codes.