Q: Sometimes DRL light is coming while no light during engine in off state. Is this an issue and how to diagnose that.

Now a days, I noticed that DRL light is on but sometimes there is no problem at all. When I switched off the engine then DRL light near speedometer is not on.That means there is no problem in the DSR relay ? Am I Right ? I really need expert advice to diagnose and cater this problem. Any reply would be greatly appreciated!

The DRL system is controlled by the DRL module under the dash by the steering column. I could not find any service bulletins for the system, but you may have an issue with the module staying on after you shut the vehicle off.

The system could be tested with a dealer type scanner to see if the system has failure codes. You can check to see if the DRL fuse has power when you turn off the car. It should not have power to fuse number 14 when the ignition is turned off. If the DRL is on when you turn off the key then you may have a bad module which is shorted internally.

If you need help with these checks, feel free to contact a professional mechanic who can diagnose the problem with your lights and make the appropriate repairs.

• Sometimes DRL light is coming while no light during engine in off state. Is this an issue and how to diagnose that.