Q: Battery replaced, engine malfunction warning

asked by on August 01, 2016

After I had the battery replaced in my car, the engine malfunction warning came on. Everything was fine before the battery replacement. What happened here? What should I do?

Hello there. With any Check Engine Light, the first step is to have the code read to determine what system is involved with the fault. It is possible that this fault was caused by the vehicle losing power when the battery was replaced. I would recommend having a qualified technician inspect the Check Engine Light and throughly diagnose the related codes in order to resolve this issue.