Q: ESP and ABS malfunction, shifting issue, brakes locked up

My car has ESP and ABS malfunctioning. I thought these problems were fixed when I took the car tothe dealership, but the car has had issues yet again. On one occasion, while I was driving, it was raining heavily and the same issue happened. I tuned the car off. When I started it up again, I couldn't shift gears. Also, the brakes locked up. I pressed brakes numerous times and had to restart the engine so it would run normally again. How can I fix this? Please give me some advice.

A: Hello. This can be caused by a number of th...

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. I usually start by scanning the computer for codes to see what shows up. Most of the time, this is caused by a speed sensor at one of the wheels or at the transmission. Without monitoring the sensors with a scan tool, it is hard to diagnose. It can also be caused by an internal pressure issue in the brake module, but that is not as common. If you are going to have this repaired, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your shifting issue and perform the necessary services.