Q: Vibration during acceleration

While accelerating, my car vibrates - it feels like I'm driving over small bumps in the road. But, the vibrating smoothes out when I get to a higher speed, above 50 MPH. The issue is especially pronounced in 3rd or 4th gear going between 30 and 40 MPH. The tires are equally inflated, CV joints look OK. Does this sound like a transmission or suspension problem?

Hello there, vibrations issues are a common problem with your 2009 Volkswagen Jetta. The most common causes of vibration are wheel and tire balance, engine mounts, misfire condition, control arms, or the struts. A qualified technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your vibration issues by taking the vehicle on a test drive, determine what kind of vibration it is, and what is the root cause.