Q: Idles fine in park But won't rev above 2,000 rpm and won't go over 30 mph. 1988 Pontiac Grand Prix

Idles fine in park but won't go over 2k rpms. At 2k sputters bad. In drive won't go over 30mph & if rpms get to 2k sputters loses power badly. Replaced, IAC,tps, plugs, wires, throttle body, catalytic converter, ignition module, coil packs, fuel pump,filter. It's like it's in limp mode. Any help will be appreciated. My car has 140230 miles. My car has an automatic transmission.

Hello. This can be caused by a number of things. I usually start by doing a compression test on the engine first. If the compression is low then the engine may be worn or it may need a timing chain. If the compression is fine then I test the fuel pressure and the catalytic converter. Low fuel pressure or a clog in the converter will both cause this. There are a number of other things that can cause this also. If you are thinking of having this looked at, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to to to diagnose why the car has no power and misfires.

3. Idles fine in park But won't rev above 2,000 rpm and won't go over 30 mph. 1988 Pontiac Grand Prix