Q: Valve body replacement

asked by on October 06, 2016

I removed the valve body on my car to replace it with one i picked up from a junk yard. I removed all the screws and replaced everything as it came out seeing that i still have the factory valve body. The first time it would go in every gear but drive, so i pulled it back down and put it back up. Now it wont go into any gear but park. What am i doing wrong. Any advise would be welcomed. Thanks

It sounds like you might have an issue with the valve body that you got from the junk yard. It is usually not advisable to pick up internal transmission parts from a salvage yard as their condition is unknown until it is installed. Most salvage yards will allow you to swap out any parts you purchase from them in the even that they are faulty. I would recommend trying this to determine if the part you got is no good. If this does not resolve the issue, I would recommend having your vehicle inspected by a qualified transmission technician or to buy a new component.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr