Q: Vauxhall insignia se nav 2.0 cdti - interference or non interference engine

Driving into a parking space could smell burning heaters went cold turned engine off tried to start it again and would start timing belt was burning through the cover

Hi there. Yes the engine is an interference design. This means that if the timing belt breaks the pistons will contact the valve train when not in time. If the belt has broken, I recommend testing the cylinder head and make sure that the valves are okay or bent.