Q: My 2010 Chevy Impala reads reduced engine power and won't start now it cut off on me once on the highway I had to coast to get off

asked by on July 08, 2017

My car read's reduced engine power and now it won't start what do you think needs to be replaced on it ?

Hi There, The check engine light indicates that there is likely something wrong with the engine or transmission in your vehicle and will ususally come on in conjunction with the vehicle going into the reduced power mode. This happens when the vehicle computer detects something wrong with the engine or transmission that may potentially cause further damage or present a safety issue. It is important to have this diagnosed as soon as possible as it could range from something minor to something more serious. Unfortunately, there are many different reasons for this light to come on and the best way to diagnose is to have the vehicle hooked up to a scanner which will download the engine fault codes indicating more specifically what may be wrong. I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your location to diagnose and inspect your vehicle.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr