Q: Do you have to replace the catalytic converter when replacing a cracked exhaust manifold?

Cracked exhaust manifold is being replaced, should the catalytic converter automatically be replaced?

Hi there. Although they are connected together, they are separate components that are typically sold and installed individually. Although it’s always a good idea to replace the catalytic converter the same time. If the exhaust manifold is cracked, I would simply replace the exhaust manifold.

3. Do you have to replace the catalytic converter when replacing a cracked exhaust manifold?