Q: Speedometer not working properly

I changed the entire speed sensor and it works for a while, then needle drops to zero. What should I do?

3. Speedometer not working properly

Q: Car idling erratically

Hello. The erratic idling could be caused by several things: You could have a bad mass air flow sensor, the throttle position sensor could be bad, or the idle air control valve could be bad. This could also be an...

Q: My car won't shift out of 1st gear. I replaced the engine with one from a Saturn, now it won't shift up.

The vehicle speed sensor (VSS) has failed or lost power to the transmission and computer system. The computer needs to recognize the road speed to perform an up shift. Check the VSS to make sure the harness is plugged in...

Q: I changed the break light switch and now I can not get the truck out of park

Hello, thank you for writing in. The vehicle may be having issues the with ABS system. Considering the timing with the brake light switch, you will want to verify that installation and make sure it is clean, dry, and tight....