Q: Speedometer not working properly

asked by on September 16, 2016

I changed the entire speed sensor and it works for a while, then needle drops to zero. What should I do?

Integrated Motor Assist Light coming on

If the IMA light is illuminated, in many cases, the system will be shut down to some degree to prevent further failures. Have the vehicle system scanned for any fault codes stored in the computer as there are a couple...

Water leaking out from side of engine

The freeze plugs are on the side of the engine block and in other areas of the engine that will corrode and rust out over time and may start to leak. You will need to have the cooling system pressure...

What does it mean when the harmonic balancer wobbles?

Hi, thanks for writing in. When the harmonic balancer is wobbling, it would be best not to run the engine. The harmonic balancers function is to counteract the vibrations in the engine so damage doesn't occur. When it fails, it...

Transmission is going out

Hi, has the transmission fluid been checked recently? If the fluid is low, the transmission won't be able to engage gears properly and can act sluggish. Other owners of Accords have reported issues with their transmissions so if the fluid...

Car isn't shifting when pedal is all the way down and is slow.

Your engine management system is going into "limp mode" when the Check Engine light is illuminated, reducing engine power, and quite likely, leaving your automatic transmission in 2nd gear. This is why you are experiencing greatly diminished performance. Turning your...

How do you adjust the steering wheel on?

It’s important to be able to adjust the steering wheel to get the ideal driving position for you. Your car’s steering wheel can adjust in four different ways: up and down, as well as in and out. Here’s how to...

Too much oil in car and need to drain it.

Due to engine oil being considered a hazardous waste, I recommend enlisting the help of a technician to remove excess oil from your Honda Civic. There are three common ways this is done. The first way is for the mechanic...

Is it safe to drive 60 miles with the VSA and abs light engaged?

The VSA (Vehicle Stability Assist) and ABS (Anti-Lock Brake) systems generally controlled by some of the same components which may cause any issues with them to be related, which may explain why both lights are on. The ABS control module...

Engine light - 2004 Honda Civic

Hi there. Usually the symptoms your'e describing with your 2004 Honda Civic are caused by a similar mechanical issue related to an engine overheating. This could be triggered by a thermostat valve, broken heater core, or a problem with the...