Q: Speedometer not working properly

I changed the entire speed sensor and it works for a while, then needle drops to zero. What should I do?

Q: What does it mean when the harmonic balancer wobbles?

Hi, thanks for writing in. When the harmonic balancer is wobbling, it would be best not to run the engine. The harmonic balancers function is to counteract the vibrations in the engine so damage doesn't occur. When it fails, it...

Q: Cruise control does not work - 2011 Chevrolet Silverado 1500

Hi there. From description you have provided, your vehicle cruise control does not work, the light on the steering wheel does come on, could be still be the cruise control switch is at fault. The circuit that turns on the...

Q: starter location

Hey there, thanks for writing in. It should be on the passenger side of the motor under the exhaust manifold. If you are not comfortable with the repair, a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, will be able to replace...