Q: Speedometer not working properly

I changed the entire speed sensor and it works for a while, then needle drops to zero. What should I do?

3. Speedometer not working properly

Q: What do I do if the engine doesn’t start?

There are several potential reasons for your car not to start. Here are the steps you should take to troubleshoot the problem: Turn the key to on. Does the starter engage? If it does engage, is it slow? If...

Q: Transmission was slipping. Could it be the VSS?

Hi there. For the speedometer to be malfunctioning, either the vehicle speed sensor (VSS) could be loosing signal or the gauge has a bad resister. Now, as far as the transmission slipping, check the transmission fluid level. If the fluid...

Q: Why doesn't my door open from the outside?

To determine what exactly has failed, it will be necessary to remove the inner door panel and look to see what part(s) have actually failed. The most common failures, when an outer door handle quits working, is a broken door...