Q: My cooling fans aren't working properly I think ...P

asked by on September 30, 2016

It's bout cooling fans on more then usuall... when I'm driving cooling fans are on but at a stop sign or stop light they go off .car shows no sign of overheating ... .. I checked under the hood for the coolant fluid its green but says dexcool and I kno that's orange ... would that be the problem .?? Should I flush the green and add the orange .?? Went to the place I got it from and they say it's universal ... PLEAS HELP

The cooling fans work according to relays that detect temperature and cause them to turn off and on. When these relays are not working properly, this will cause them to come on all the time, not at all or intermittently. This can also cause overheating as well.

I would recommend having an expert from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your cooling system firsthand and help make any necessary repairs.