Q: My engine is surging at 2500 rpm's.

I replaced my Oil Pump Drive Assembly after having the "laughing monkey" noise. Since then I've been getting a cam/crankshaft position sensor correlation error code, and my jeep bucks and surges at 2500 rpms. I read that after market odpas come with camshaft sensors that often throw codes, so I put the old one back on. The check engine light cleared for a few minutes, but then came back on.

Hi there. First check the ECM for any codes that are present. If the codes are logged for the camshaft position sensor, then check harness to the camshaft position sensor and make sure that there is a reference voltage. If there is no voltage, then the wiring from the sensor to the computer would need checked for an open circuit. If there is a voltage to the sensor, then you would need to replace the camshaft position sensor with the new one you have and check the mass air flow sensor (MAF) to see if it’s dirty or damaged. If you need further assistance with your engine surging, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.