Q: Different types of noises from front end of the car.

asked by on September 07, 2017

My car has several different noises from under the front end of the car. Clunking noises, dragging/rubbing noises, a single knock noise on occasion. The noise happens when I steer both left and right, brake, let off the brake and hit a bump. It does not make noise when I drive straight, just as I turn, brake and let off the brake. Usually correlates with speed, so the faster I turn/the harder I brake, the louder the noises are.

Hi Jarod. Typically these type of noises are caused by stabilizer bar bushings that are worn, or steering components that are worn. It’s also possible that a front damper under the front bumper might be loose and dragging on the ground as well. It’s probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an onsite inspection, to know what is causing this noise.