Q: The radiator cooling fan does not blow hard enough to cool off the engine

asked by on October 02, 2016

My 2003 PT cruiser keeps overheating because the cooling fan is not blowing hard enough to cool off the engine

Fan speed control is not working Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi, thanks for writing in. You will need to have the cooling fan actuated using a scanner with the capability to operate the different fan speeds. The system has a low and a high speed relay in the totally integrated control relay module. The PCM controls the fan speeds by turning on the different relays. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect the fan for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.