Q: Power steering fluid groaning noise. Power steering leak?

I had a power steering fluid service done at Midas in September of 2016. I brought it in to Midas because my car started making a groaning noise. I was told there is a small leak, but not major. I asked them to add fluid to it and they said they don't do that. Is that normal? Why doesn't Midas add the power steering fluid when they supposedly serviced it 5 months ago? This is the first time I've heard that groaning sound in my car. Is the power steering mechanism supposed to need service frequently?

Hello. A groaning noise is an indication of low power steering fluid. If you had your power steering fluid serviced about 5 months ago and it is making a groaning noise again most likely means your power steering pump has gone bad or your power steering leak has going from minor to moderate. I can tell you that Honda Accords are one of the most common vehicles for a power steering pump leak to occur on and require a pump replacement. If not a leaking pump it could be power steering hose leaking fluid. I suggest that you have a power steering fluid leak inspection done otherwise you will have to keep filling up your power steering reservoir until it is fixed.

https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/power-steering-fluid-is-leaking-inspection

3. Power steering fluid groaning noise. Power steering leak?