Q: Steering lose, steering wheel vibrates noise when I make a turn

An 18 wheeler truck had a blowout, I was traveling behind him on the highway and the tire hit the front of my vehicle then went under my vehicle. Since then the steering doesn't feel right. My steering wheel shakes and there's a noise when I make a turn. What could be wrong with my truck?

The steering linkages and/or suspension components were probably damaged. The impact could have also damaged tires, wheels, the dynamic balance of those assemblies and possibly caused frame damage, too, if the "bosses" on the sub-frame to which the suspension bolts were bent. Vehicles come with frame diagrams and specifications (measured dimensions) and so the best thing to do is just get it inspected and the mechanic will figure out which components are damaged or mis-positioned, in terms of basic alignment. Once any and all damage is repaired (broken parts replaced), the vehicle will then have to be aligned and the tire/wheel assemblies re-balanced to ensure that everything is good to go. If requesting the inspection, please use YourMechanic’s convenient service page for brakes, steering and suspension inspection and the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Steering lose, steering wheel vibrates noise when I make a turn