Q: Q: Loud humming noise

I had a low battery in my CLK500 and got it charged just recently. Then it started doing this loud humming noise right after I had been driving and then turning off the car. This never happened before. It doesn’t do this every single time but off and on quite often. What could this be? Should I take my car into the shop?

Hello. There could be a problem with the alternator not charging properly, causing low battery voltage. This could cause electrical components to come on and off when they shouldn’t. The alternator could be making the humming noise you hear if the bearings are going bad. I would suggest that you have a certified technician, complete an inspection of the electrical system, in order to pinpoint the problem and recommend the necessary repairs.

3. Q: Loud humming noise