Q: How do you use Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control with the in-dash navigation system?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do you use Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control with the in-dash navigation system?

If you have a built-in navigation system and your car also has Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control, you’ll find that operating the system is a little bit different from either the manual climate control or the non-navigation based Dual Zone Automatic Climate Control platforms. Here’s what you need to know:

• Climate: Press the Climate button on the navigation touchscreen to control the system.

• Rear Defrost: This turns the rear defroster on and off.

• A/C: This turns the air conditioner on.

• Passenger Temp: This lets you set the temperature for the passenger side of the car (automatic climate control).

• Heated Seats: You have two buttons for seat heaters, one for the driver and one for the front passenger. Press the appropriate button to turn on the seat heater in that seat. Press it again to turn it off.

• Recirculation: This changes the system from fresh outside air to recirculated air.

• Fan Speed: This changes the speed of the fan/blower.

• Auto: Push this button to turn the Automatic Climate Control system from manual to automatic.

• Driver Temp: This lets you set the temperature for the driver side of the car (automatic climate control).

• Power: Push this button to turn the climate control system on or off. If the Power button is off, you cannot select Climate Control from the touchscreen.

• Defrost: Turns on the front defroster, which is tied to the air conditioner.