car shakes when i start it in the morning, check engine l...

Q: car shakes when i start it in the morning, check engine light blinks then stays on

asked by on May 30, 2017

When i start my car in the morning, it begins to shake violently for a few seconds then stops. Doesn't shake anymore while driving. Check engine light blinks a few time before turning on completely. Shaking only happens when I first start it in the morning.

If you have the engine computer scanned you most likely have a misfire code to one or more cylinders. You may have a bad plug wire or coil or spark plug. If you have not got a tune up then replace plugs and wires after scanning engine for codes to know what cylinder is misfiring. Check that cylinder to see where the short is and replace coil, plug and wire of that cylinder at a minumum.