Q: Battery drained, solenoid doesn't engage - 2008 Mercedes-Benz B200

My battery got drained out completely. Upon opening the door, the interior lights aren't turning on. The odometer on the dashboard works for only a minute and then turns off. I can't open the back hatch as there is no power. What's worst, I cannot start the car. I can't turn the key in the ignition as the solenoid doesn't engage. I'm not sure where the battery is located in this car. I was told it might be under the seat, in the front passenger's side but I don't know how to boost it. Do you have any suggestion how I could solve this problem?

A: Hello. The battery is located under the fro...

Hello. The battery is located under the front passenger seat. The seat lifts up and pulls forward to allow access to the battery. However, if your battery is 8 years old, it would be best to replace the battery with a new one. Have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic assist you with this repair.