Q: Car is dead, no signs of "life" at all.

asked by on November 14, 2016

Today I went to start my car and it did attempt to but it just did the classic chuh chuh chuh and then the click click click click. The lights flickered and then when i tried a second attempt, EVERYTHING went off, no lights, no dash, nothing.
I had problems earlier in September of this year, and it was the Alternator. Symptoms of dim lights, electrical issues, and the battery chatter ( drained battery clicking when no charge ). Before I could receive the new alternator I had to jump my car at least four times in a three week span. Once the alternator was replaced she ran like new, until today it was sudden death lol. Now I'm almost positive it may not be my alternator since I just replaced it, but I'm iffy on the battery. It's factory-installed still, but during diagnosis they said battery was good however my car is almost four years old and I know batteries aren't ever lasting. Could it be my battery or could it be my crankshaft or starter.

Since you ran the battery dead several times before you replaced the alternator, you caused the battery to get sulfated internally. The lead acid inside a battery will only last for so long. Most batteries will last between 3 to 5 years before needing replacement if they are not damaged by running them dead. The battery should be replaced and the battery cables should be cleaned.. Once this is done, then the alternator should be re-tested to make sure the battery did not damage the alternator.