Q: Electronics not working

I own a 2008 Scion xD and changed the water pump and alternator. After I was done putting everything back together I had no power steering, tail lights, door electronics, radio, and a few more things didn’t work. I think it might be a computer issue, because when I checked every fuse they were all good. An auto parts store tried a diagnostic tool on my car and found no readings. Do you have any idea what the problem could be?

A: Looking at the wiring diagrams, I see no re...

Looking at the wiring diagrams, I see no relationship from a circuit standpoint meaning that power supply at the fuse to the circuit ground among these various electrical systems is not working. This means that the problem will most likely be somewhere in the power distribution circuit to the fuses.

All of the fusible links to the fuse panels should be checked and system voltage verified at each fuse of the non operational systems. Ensure no part of the engine harness was pinched during the alternator installation and that all connectors to the the alternator have been connected.

You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will be able to diagnose the source of the supply voltage loss and repair the issue to restore proper operation to the vehicle’s electrical system.