Why does my 2003 Dodge Neon get bad fuel mileage neon 200...

Q: Why does my 2003 Dodge Neon get bad fuel mileage

asked by on July 24, 2017

I filled up the other day 15 gallons and I went 75 miles and now it's on empty can you explain to me what the issue might be its only getting like 8miles per gallon help

Hello. Though this can be caused by a number of things, the most common one that will make the vehicle get this bad of mileage is either a bad fuel injector or a bad pressure regulator. Most of the time the regulator leaks internally and causes excessive fuel to get drawn into the engine. If that is fine then the injectors need to be replaced as do the engine sensor readings. If you need help with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to you to [diagnose why your mileage is so bad] https://www.yourmechanic.com/services/car-is-getting-worse-gas-mileage-inspection