Q: How often should I replace my tires?

How often should I replace my tires?

A: Eventually, the time will come when you hav...

Eventually, the time will come when you have to replace your tires. No matter how gentle you are, you just can’t make them last forever. When that day rolls around, make sure you do things right. What does that mean? Here’s what you should know:

• Use the right size tire. If you’re not sure what tire size you need, check the driver side door placard.

• Use all the same type tires. It can be very easy to replace just one tire (maybe you’ve had a blowout and three tires are still in great shape). Never mix tire types (bias and radial).

• Use tires with the same ratings. Double check the load rating, speed rating and PSI of your old tires, and make sure your new ones are the same.

If you have to replace a wheel, make sure the replacement is the same size (buying an authentic Honda wheel is recommended), and that it supports TPMS.

• If you don’t replace your tires with tires of the same type and ratings, it’s possible that your TPMS will have skewed readings.

• Your TPMS system requires a TPMS-compliant wheel – the system works with a special valve stem and sensor.

• Try to replace all four tires at the same time, rather than one or two at a time.