Q: Is there add'l cost for diagnosis?

Kids car stopped heating inside. The a week later service end light came on. Hasn't overheated, but Read on line and manual. Follows what says is likely a bad thermostat. Do you run diagnostic b/4 suspected service and is that add'l cost?

In order to find out the reason the engine is overheating the cooling system needs to be checked to see if the thermostat is stuck, there is a coolant leak, cooling fans do not come on or there is another reason the engine is overheating. There is a diagnostic charge to find out the reason to properly repair the engine overheating.

3. Is there add'l cost for diagnosis?