Q: I’m hearing a whirring noise from my 2011 Kia Soul from the rear passenger side that only occurs while accelerating

asked by on November 27, 2017

There is a sound mostly heard while accelerating and not heard at all when braking. It sounds somewhat like a whirring sound from the rear passenger side of the vehicle. I’m not sure what this could be. It’s been going on for several months.

Car is making a noise Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

It might be exhaust system noise but there is also a possibility that a "rotating element", such as a wheel bearing, tire, or brake rotor interference is the cause. As you describe it, the noise is marked and obvious enough that if you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will quickly pinpoint the origin and let you know of any required repairs. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

Experienced Mechanic?

Earn up to $70/hr