Q: Just had my transmission oil leak fixed and now my car is acting up, when I'm slowing down it starts to like stall n then it stops

asked by on March 25, 2017

Just had a transmission leak fixed, now when I'm slowing down it starts to like stall but then it stops, it's also shaking a bit, what does that mean? I went back to the mechanic and he told me that now that the leak had been fixed it's slipping?

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

Hi there. Typically a slipping transmission will not cause the engine to vibrate and shake while the vehicle is in gear and nearly stalling when you stop. This is typically caused by a fuel system component failure, such as a mass air flow sensor that is damaged or other fuel system components that are dirty or clogged with excessive carbon deposits. You might want to first read this article about what symptoms are associated with a slipping transmission first, so you can determine if your car is doing something in that article. Beside that, I would recommend having a professional mobile mechanic come to your vehicle so they can complete a rough engine idle inspection to determine what is causing this issue.