Emission control leak. 2005 silverado 1500 leaks v8-4.8l ...

Q: Emission control leak.

The Check Engine light comes on with code P0455, which means a leak in the emission control system.

This code may be caused by the canister purge solenoid is leaking or you did not tighten the gas cap. Either way the leak should be cleared first and do a physical inspection of the fuel system. Then to check for leaks with a smoke machine by a professional mechanic if nothing visual was found to be the cause. The smoke test may find the leak and then it can be fixed.