Q: My vehicle has problems when accelerating and it makes like some kind explosions.

The truck runs good, but when I floor the peddle it has problems accelerating and does not speed up like it should, and it makes some type of explosions, it doesn't always do it though. Has no transmission problems because it only has trouble speeding up.

You should have the fuel pressure checked first and then scan the computer for any codes and have them repaired as needed. The lack of power may be a low fuel pressure or clogged fuel filter problem. If these are okay, then have the MAF sensor checked to make sure it is clean and reading the proper altitude for where you are at. They are known to cause problems without codes by giving readings of being above 10,000 feet above sea level and leaning the fuel mixture so much that the engine loses all power. If you want to have this diagnosed, a certified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your acceleration issue and let you know what needs to be done.

• My vehicle has problems when accelerating and it makes like some kind explosions.