Q: My car is not starting - Jaguar X-Type

I have fuel in car but trouble sometimes starting now wont start .Got it started drove few days them stopped in parking lot n that waa it anyway to distinguish if this cam sensor or fuel pump I dont have alot of money to just pour out but I do want it fixed but dont want to pay for what I don't need it would hesitate alot n pull on hills sometimes. And fuel wouldnt register correctly when I put gas in whats the most economical way to use process of elimation since or ask for so I can be an informed consumer. Thank you so much

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The most economical way to address this issue is to have a scanner hooked to your vehicle and retrieve any codes. This will isolate the issue and in turn be the cheapest way to fix your car. There could be a number of things preventing your car from starting and just picking items to replace will be very costly.

If you would consider, YourMechanic can send a certified technician to you to retrieve these codes and diagnose your no start condition, provide you an estimate for the repairs, and even repair your vehicle.

3. My car is not starting - Jaguar X-Type