Q: My car is not starting - Jaguar X-Type

I have fuel in car but trouble sometimes starting now wont start .Got it started drove few days them stopped in parking lot n that waa it anyway to distinguish if this cam sensor or fuel pump I dont have alot of money to just pour out but I do want it fixed but dont want to pay for what I don't need it would hesitate alot n pull on hills sometimes. And fuel wouldnt register correctly when I put gas in whats the most economical way to use process of elimation since or ask for so I can be an informed consumer. Thank you so much

Hi and thank you for contacting YourMechanic. The most economical way to address this issue is to have a scanner hooked to your vehicle and retrieve any codes. This will isolate the issue and in turn be the cheapest way to fix your car. There could be a number of things preventing your car from starting and just picking items to replace will be very costly.

If you would consider, YourMechanic can send a certified technician to you to retrieve these codes and diagnose your no start condition, provide you an estimate for the repairs, and even repair your vehicle.