Q: Electric fan sounds like a jet.

My mazda tribute's electric fan sounds like a loud jet engine the whole time the fan is running. The fan does kick on and off. But I can hear it in the cab with the doors and windows closed. What would be causing this issue?

A: Your vehicle has two separate cooling fans....

Your vehicle has two separate cooling fans. One is for low and medium speeds. The other one is high speed only. Your vehicle has two separate circuits and only the high speed is working or your vehicle is running hot for another reason. You should have the vehicle inspected and cooling fans diagnosed to see why only the high fan motor is working. The low/med fan may be bad and need to be replaced if it is getting power from the relays. If you would like, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your home or office to inspect your cooling fans and replace them.