Q: Just got code P0430. How long till catalytic converter fails completely?

asked by on October 02, 2016

Code P0430. Truck runs fine.

Hi, thanks for writing in. This P0430 code is for the bank B or driver side converter or the O2 sensor after the converter. The code will need to be diagnosed to isolate the problem to the sensor or the converter. You may not have a converter problem at all. If the sensor is working properly then this means the converter is not cleaning the exhaust like it should and need replaced ASAP. If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed.