Q: No control to turn off alarm

The car alarm is going off when I turn the car on. I have not used the alarm in year and don't own the control. I need to disable/dismantle the alarm right away.

A: Many vehicles are equipped with an alarm sy...

Many vehicles are equipped with an alarm system that is deeply integrated into the vehicle wiring. You may be able to purchase a replacement remote and have it programmed to the vehicle. In this case, you can stop the alarm with the remote and you will not lose your anti-theft system. Have an experienced technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the vehicles anti-theft system for a faulted sensor or switch causing the alarm to sound randomly.