Q: Received Error code: P7011. 2012 Elantra GLS Automatic. Engine light is on.

asked by on November 25, 2016

My Transmission Temperature Sensor needs checked possibly repaired. Or my transmission fluid is low. Apparently with these type Hyundai s you can't check or add any transmission fluids yourself. Engine light is on, car hasn't smelled nor overheated but has slipped or had rough gear change a couple times not severe though.

Check Engine Light is on Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote

Hello. P7011 is the trouble code for a fault in the transmission temperature sensor’s range. The most common cause of this is a faulty transmission temperature sensor, which is located on the transmission, mounted on the valve body. If the transmission is shifting correctly and not overheating, then that is a good sign that the fluid level is probably okay. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the cause of the check engine light, and if your temperature sensor needs to be replaced.