Q: Received Error code: P7011. 2012 Elantra GLS Automatic. Engine light is on.

My Transmission Temperature Sensor needs checked possibly repaired. Or my transmission fluid is low. Apparently with these type Hyundai s you can't check or add any transmission fluids yourself. Engine light is on, car hasn't smelled nor overheated but has slipped or had rough gear change a couple times not severe though.

Hello. P7011 is the trouble code for a fault in the transmission temperature sensor’s range. The most common cause of this is a faulty transmission temperature sensor, which is located on the transmission, mounted on the valve body. If the transmission is shifting correctly and not overheating, then that is a good sign that the fluid level is probably okay. I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to determine the cause of the check engine light, and if your temperature sensor needs to be replaced.

• Received Error code: P7011. 2012 Elantra GLS Automatic. Engine light is on.